Learn all about the new technology of remote sensing for agriculture.
What is Precision Ag?
It is the farm management practice that makes farming more accurate and controlled.
Drones and Precision Ag
Drones are a very high precision way to obtain geo tagged images.
Drones and FAA Limits
Learn about Part 107, restrictions and visual line of site limitations.
Drones and your ROI
- Greater precision
- Cheaper Imaging
- Total Field Scouting
- Earlier Detection of Problems
Drones are a new, high-precision way to obtain geographically referenced images from the air. Compared with other aerial survey methods, drones generate more precise and more frequent data for assessing crop conditions. These data can be used to improve the performance of a farm operations.I
In hours, orthomosaic images acquired by our sensors and processed by AgPixel, can be fed into an agricultural program like SMS by Ag Leader, SST Summit®, FarmRite®, Stratus®, Sirrus®” or other software tools to create precision maps.
Our imagery can be used to:
- Assess damage from insects and disease
- Locate weeds
- Assess weather related crop damage for crop insurance assessment
- Assist with nutrient management
- Identify drought and heat stress
- Assess germination success
- Identify damage from chemical drift
- Assess potential crop yield and production
- Monitor irrigation systems and their effectiveness
- Monitor livestock (location and health)
- Monitor stock ponds
- Assess range and pasture forage productivity
- Monitor grazing intensity